Complete illustrated sewing tutorial.
654 pages, 1400 illustrations.
ALL SEWING PATTERNS INCLUDED!
The eBook is available as a downloadable ZIP archive with PDF book and sewing pattern.
This book was made for you, my dear friends. It is basically a summary of all things explained on our same-name video course in Corset Academy membership library.
Premium Dress is a detailed guide to the sewing techniques employed in the making of a fantastic dress by a famous Lebanese fashion designer - Krikor Jabotian.
Peculiar features of this corset dress:
- The pattern was purposely designed to keep the front and the back of the skirt whole instead of splitting them up by vertical princess seams.
- An additional princess seam on the front half of the lining ensures maximum tight fit in the waist.
- The neckline edge is treated in a new special technique.
- The dress features concealed side seams.
- The dress is made from three layers: lining, background fabric, and sequin overlay fabric.
- There is a blind zipper and concealed inner lacing.
- Ruffles are sewn on the see-through skirt in accordance with a complicated layout scheme.
- There is a 3D decorative ruffle piece on the shoulder of the dress.
- The bodice is draped.
- The dress is complemented with a decorative buckle and matching hair clips in the form of plastic suede flowers.
This course will teach you:
- How to customize the size of a corset dress pattern for your client.
- How to cut sequin fabric with minimum princess seams and achieve a tight fit in the waist.
- In what order to join the pieces to achieve the best results.
- How to sew curved princess seams neatly on "complicated" fabric (sequin fabric).
- How to treat necklines (a new technique).
- How to sew a lining worthy of a premium class garment.
- How to sew concealed lacing panels into the dress.
- How to sew a skirt from delicate mesh fabric and decorate it with a generous amount of ruffles in two different colors.
- How to cut ruffles from thin fabric.
- How to reinforce see-through mesh fabric for sewing ruffles on it.
- How to create additional accessories to complement the dress (a belt brooch and matching hair clips).
- How to make and color flowers from plastic suede.
- How to make your own flower and petal moulds for working with plastic suede.
You will find enclosed:
- Ready pattern of a bell-shaped slightly flared dress with a train sewn into the central back seam.
- Ready pattern of the top see-through skirt with a layout scheme for sewing on ruffles.
- Flower templates for plastic suede accessories.
- Swirl template for cutting decorative shoulder ruffles.
- Corset pattern, pattern adjustment calculations table, and ruffle layout scheme.
The purpose of this course is to help you master all technical know-how required for sewing the most sophisticated designer dresses!
The book will be helpful not only to beginners but also to those experienced in sewing. It is also suitable as a means of professional improvement for staff of sewing ateliers.
Please note that, despite being very valuable, the book cannot fully replace the video tutorials and author’s commentaries! It is, however, a highly beneficial and essential supplement to the video course!
I would also like to emphasize that the dress from the book is merely a foundation for your own masterpieces. Let your creative spirit run free!
Enjoy your learning!
CLICK HERE TO VIEW THE COMPLETE REAL-TIME VIDEO COURSE ON SEWING THIS CORSET.
Preview of the dress and the sewing tutorial: